It’s official…tick season is upon us! There’s no need to worry and panic though if you take the right precauations to protect your pet from these pests. You can easily control fleas and ticks by following these all natural tips.
- Comb your pet with a flea comb at least once a day over a white towel so you can see exactly what is coming off their coat and skin.
- Bathe your pet regularly to kill fleas and help reduce skin irritation. Fleas are also less attracted to clean dogs and cats.
- Examine your kitty or pooch at least once a day for ticks.
- Vacuum all areas of your house that your pet has access to.
- Designate one single sleeping area for your pet. Fleas generally accumulate in sleeping areas, and it would make cleaning a lot easier.
- Cedar oil is a great all natural insect repellant that is safe to apply on pet bedding as well as directly on your dog or cat.
- Keep your lawn under control. Mow grass, pull weeds, and trim brushes regularly to clear debris where pests are apt to hide.
Lastly, after ridding your cat or dog of those pesky pests don’t forget to reward them for their patience with Freshpet® Select all natural pet food.