Looking for information on how to serve our fresh, real pet food to your dog or cat? Then you've come to the right place! We're breaking down the best ways to serve and store our fresh recipes for your pet.
Serving Our Freshpet Rolls:
Pets everywhere love our Freshpet roll recipes! Made with real meat and fresh fruits & veggies, our rolls are served fresh from the fridge where pet food belongs. And there's a really easy way to cut the rolls that we like to think we've perfected over the years. You can watch the full video on our Freshpet YouTube Channel here
- Grab your pet's favorite Freshpet roll from the fridge, which in this case is our Freshpet Select Chunky Chicken & Turkey Roll Recipe.
- Using the serving marks on the Freshpet roll, slice off the appropriate amount for your dog or cat based on the recipe's Feeding Guidelines. Keep in mind that each recipe has their own specific Feeding Guidelines.
- Once you've got the correct number of slices for your pet's meal, mash or dice the pieces into the appropriate portion size to fit your pet's needs.
- Their Freshpet meal is ready to go! Be sure to put your Freshpet roll back in the fridge, and use all of your opened Freshpet recipe within 7 days of opening.
Storing Our Freshpet Rolls:
There are a few different ways to store our Freshpet rolls that are easy for you and safe for your pet. Here are some of our favorites:
- Our most-used method for storing is to save any remaining roll in a plastic bag, as noted in this video. Be sure to get any of the extra air out of the bag before storing, too. We've found that this helps keep our recipes fresher during that 7 day period.
- Another great way to store our Freshpet rolls is to cap or seal the open end of the roll after a meal. We recommend using some aluminum foil to keep the air out and to preserve freshness.
- You can also simply take a piece of plastic wrap, stretch over the open end, and tie with a rubber band.
We hope you find these storing methods to be helpful!
Serving Our Freshpet Meals:
Our Freshpet Bagged Meals are always a crowd pleaser. Made with real meat, zero preservatives, and a convenient resealable bag, our Freshpet Meals have quickly jumped up in pawpularity with both our pet parents and their pets. You can watch the full video on how to serve our bagged recipes on our Freshpet YouTube Channel
Here's an easy step-by-step guide to feeding our Freshpet Bagged Meals to your dog or cat:
- Grab your pet's favorite Freshpet Meal from the fridge, which in this case is our Freshpet Select Fresh From The Kitchen Recipe.
- Open the easy, resealable Freshpet bag.
- Using a dry measuring cup, pour the appropriate amount for your dog or cat based on the recipe's Feeding Guidelines. Keep in mind that each recipe has their own specific Feeding Guidelines.
- Your pet's meal is ready to go! Be sure to use all of your opened Freshpet recipe within 7 days of opening, too.
Storing Our Freshpet Meals:
Storing our Freshpet Meals couldn't be simpler, thanks to the resealable bag! After you've fed your pet their favorite Freshpet recipe, simply re-seal the bag, place back in the fridge, and you're all set until the next mealtime! Be sure to use all of your opened Freshpet recipe within 7 days of opening, too.
Some things to keep in mind...
We hope this information was helpful! Do you have a favorite way of serving or storing your pet's Freshpet recipe that we didn't list above? Tell us in the comments below. We'd love to hear them!
- Be sure to use our food within 7 days of opening.
- We only make fresh recipes for your pet, so always return any unused portions back to the refrigerator after mealtime.
- Never let any Freshpet recipe sit out in your pet's bowl after mealtime is over.
- Some pet parents do choose to freeze our food if their pet cannot finish their Freshpet recipe within 7 days. While we prefer our recipes to be served fresh from the fridge, we understand that this isn't always pawsible. In that case, feel free to freeze our food if you need to, but please note that it may change the texture and makeup of the food when you un-freeze it. But the good news is that our recipes do retain all of their nutritional value when you un-freeze our recipes.