Freshpet, Inc. (FRPT), maker of fresh, refrigerated food for pets, is teaming up with Newark-based non-profit Associated Humane Societies and NASDAQ to celebrate National Dog Day with the first ever Facebook Live adoption event on Friday, August 26, 2016 from 2:00 – 3:15 PM at Nasdaq MarketSite, 4 Times Square, New York, NY.
The Facebook Live event will be the first “Adoptathon” event to take place on the platform, helping to bring light to dogs in need of a home. Here is how you can participate:
- Visit Facebook.com/NASDAQ during the hours of 2:00-3:15 to “meet” all of the adoptable pups and learn more about the non-profit organization Associated Humane Societies, the largest animal shelter in New Jersey, founded in 1906 with a mission to help animals in need
- Add a new member to your family by adopting one of the loving dogs that will be at the event, simply fill out an application online at Freshpet.com/DogDay
- Call 9087-Dog-Day to “skip to the head of the line” and have your application reviewed first
- Call or comment on Facebook Live for a chance to be featured on-air
- Enter to win great prizes, such as a supply of Freshpet food and treats
“We’re so excited to be able to help find deserving dogs their forever homes in partnership with the Associated Humane Societies and Nasdaq,” says Katie Tyson, Freshpet’s Director of Digital Marketing. “We are excited to bring the traditional concept of an Adoptathon online, and look forward to celebrating National Dog Day with our Freshpet fans.”
Freshpet has a single-minded mission – to improve the lives of dogs and cats everywhere through the power of fresh, natural food. Packed with vitamins and proteins, Freshpet foods offer fresh meats, poultry, and vegetables farmed locally. At our Freshpet Kitchens, we thoughtfully prepare these natural ingredients and everyday essentials, cooking them in small batches at lower temperatures to preserve key nutrients. That way, your pet gets the best. Freshpet refrigerated foods and treats are kept cool from the moment they are made until they arrive at Freshpet Fridges in your local market.
Freshpet foods are available in select mass, grocery, natural food, club, and pet specialty retailers across the United States and Canada. From the care Freshpet takes to source their ingredients and make their food, to the moment it reaches your home, Freshpet’s integrity, transparency and social responsibility are the way they like to run their business.
Connect with Freshpet: